Vicious Competitors Come in All Sizes.
Meet the next-gen ln-Line Four V MAX SHOs. Their advanced technology achieves the unthinkable-packing the signature VMAX SHO hole shot, midrange acceleration and super-high-output performance into ingeniously streamlined designs. With 16-valves. double overhead cams and electronic fuel injection, their next-gen tech packages are designed for maximum performance and efficient operation, and their DNA, undeniably V MAX SHO. On a bass boat, flats boat, bay boat or other performance hull, the four-stroke I·4 V MAX SHOs will deliver the exhilarating performance that anglers crave and the competition admires.
The next-gen, I-4 V MAX SHO four strokes feature:
Smarter Fuel Economy: The I-4 V MAX SHOs delivers the incredibly efficient, clean and quiet performance you expect from a four stroke. Using up to 40 percent less fuel than a traditional carbureted two stroke, the savings alone should be enough to get you on board.
Extra Space: Four-stroke outboards like the I-4 V MAX SHOs eliminate the need for an external oil tank. That saves approximately 28 pounds and frees up storage space for tackle and other supplies.
Easy Rigging: The new four-stroke I-4 V MAX SHOs feature mechanical controls that make them compatible with most bass, bay and flats boats. To complete your outboard control system, choose from analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
Power and Performance: From the four-cylinder DOHC powerhead with four valves per cylinder, to the counterbalancing technology, each feature of the I-4 V MAX SHOs is efficiently engineered for smooth, quiet performance.
Power and Performance Benefits
- Compact Power: In-line designs with 16-valve, double overhead cams and four valves per cylinder, maximize power in minimal space, and eliminate rocker arms and their adjustments, for increased reliability.
- Throttle Response: Variable Camshaft Timing (on VF150 and VF175) delivers incredible throttle response in the low- to mid-RPM ranges for exhilarating hole shot and acceleration.
- Fuel Efficient: In-line Four Stroke designs are up to 40% more fuel-efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
- High Performance: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection is managed by the Engine Control Module, which continually adjusts the fuel/air mix to match engine load and speed.
Reliability and Durability Benefits
- Reliable Design: In-line designs maximize power in minimal space, and eliminate rocker arms and their adjustments, for increased reliability.
Convenience and Control Benefits
- Extra Space: Four-stroke in-line designs mean there’s no need for an external oil tank. That saves about 28 pounds and leaves more room in the boat for tackle and other items.
- Power Trim and Tilt: From hole shot to wide-open throttle, the power trim & tilt on our V MAX SHO® In-Line Fours adjusts the thrust angle of your outboard for maximum performance.
- Easy Rigging: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- 2.8L High Output Four Cylinder
- Double Overhead Camshafts
- 4 Large Radius Valves Per Cylinder
- Variable Camshaft Timing
- 4 Independent Fuel Injectors
- Tuned Long Track Induction System
- Electronic Multi-Point Precision Fuel Injection
- Four-Into-One Exhaust
- Blow-By Gas Reburning System
- Offset Crankshaft
- Counterbalancing technology
- Compact, Lightweight Design
- TCI Microcomputer
- Electronic Single Throttle Valve
- Direct Drive System
- Wet Sump Lubrication
- Engine Warning System
- Sacrificial Anodes
- Phaze Five™ Paint System
- On-Engine Water Separator
- Direct Coil-in-Cap Ignition
- YDC-30 Aluminum Alloy
- 5-Step Anti-Corrosion Paint Process
- Alumite Exhaust Annodization
- High Output Alternator
- SST Drive, Prop, Shift Shafts
- SST Steering Tube
- Magnetic Drain Plug
- Water Draining Air Intake Duct
- Command Link® System: Optional
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Freshwater Flush
- Mechanical Controls
- Analog Gauge Compatability
- Vibration Reduction Mounting System
- Reversible PTT Switch
- Yamaha Diagnostic System
- Multi-Charge Monitoring System
- Single Timing Belt System
- Engine Type: In-Line Four-Cylinder
- Displacement: 2785cc (170.0 ci)
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 175 hp at 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction: EFI (DOHC) VCT
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: Single Electronically Controlled Throttle Valve
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Alternator Output: 50 Amp
- Starting System: Electric with Power Trim & Tilt
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 4.5L/4.3L w/without filter
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 89)
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.86:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Shaft Length: L = 20 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 70 deg.
- Degree of Trim: -4 deg. through +16 deg.
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Dry Weight: 480 lb.
- Warranty: 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial