Get The Best and Forget The Rest.
Yamaha’s purpose-built 5.3-liter 350-horsepower V8 outboard surges to the front of the fleet when it comes to thrust and trust for moving big, offshore beasts. Now Yamaha’s new F350C model becomes the only outboard in its horsepower class to feature a five-year limited warranty, because reliability and confidence are important when you’re taking control of the open water.
Deliberately designed to withstand the harsh demands of a marine environment, the V8 F350C features:
Wave-Crushing Power: The world’s first 5.3-liter four stroke outboard, the F350C provides unparalleled displacement and up to 45% more thrust than 250hp-class outboards. When it launched in 2007, its industry-rocking 60° DOHC, and 32-valve, 5.3-liter design redefined offshore power. It’s taken almost five years for the competition to even remotely catch up.
Torque Curve Benefit/Power-to-Plane: Variable Camshaft Timing advances and retards the angle of the intake camshaft to dramatically increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-rpm ranges. This gives the engine substantially greater torque between 2000 ~ 3500 RPM—and if you have a large offshore boat, torque is what matters. It’s the power to plane and move a large offshore craft—and owners will tell you nothing does that like a Yamaha V8 F350C.
Deep-Water Durability: To handle the incredible power of the F350C, its Ultra-Tough Gearcase features hardened gears and high-strength, oversized bearings and bearing surfaces. It also features strong, forged motor mounts and an oversized bracket specifically designed to harness its massive power and thrust while minimizing vibration and noise.
Corrosion Resistance: Saltwater wreaks havoc on metal engine components. Our Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP II™) places sacrificial anodes throughout the powerhead, mid-section and lower unit, diverting corrosion away from vital engine components.
Fuel Efficient Design: Burning just 31.7 gal/hr @ 6000 RPM (depending on application), the F350C offers incredible fuel efficiency for such an unbelievable Ultra Low Emissionamount of power. This comes in handy when you’re putting hundreds of miles on in a day.
Intuitive Control: Harness the power of the V8 F350C with the Helm Master® fully integrated boat control system. It supports twin-, triple- and quad-outboard configurations, and makes docking and maneuvering a large offshore boat—even those exceeding 40 feet—very intuitive.
Power and Performance Benefits
- Big Power: The 5.3L V8 configuration is designed to easily produce 350 prop shaft horsepower, with less stress and strain on internal engine components than small displacement, high-output outboards. Four oversized valves per cylinder increase breathing efficiency and contribute significantly to this engine’s power and torque.
- Optimum Performance/Efficiency: Seven different sensors constantly measure vital atmospheric conditions and engine functions to give the Engine Control Module (ECM) the information needed to precisely and instantly adjust the fuel/air mixture for optimum performance and economy.
- Precision Air Flow: All air entering the F350C is routed through a single 81mm intake that is controlled by the ECM (Engine Control Module) to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for any given condition. This helps maintain optimum power and efficiency.
- Compact/Efficient: Yamaha’s exclusive Dual In-Bank™ Exhaust means it exits through the center of the engine between the “V” of the cylinders, rather than on the exterior side, to allow for a more compact shape. The F350C also features dual exhaust, which helps the engine more easily purge the exhaust for greater combustion efficiency and power.
- More Power/Torque: Air enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are ‘pulse tuned’ to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power. The result is low-end and mid-range power and torque.
- Massive Thrust: To meet the demands of high-performance multi-engine offshore boats, Yamaha engineered the Performance XL4™-HP 22” or 24” specifically for the 5.3L F350C V8. These four-bladed propellers are available with the Shift Dampener System, and feature innovative blade geometry that gives them powerful acceleration, fast planing, and more grip than traditional three-bladed propellers.
- Smart Design For Longevity: An engine with as much power and torque as the F350C needs lower unit bearings and bearing surfaces that stand up to the test. Yamaha has not only changed the type of bearings and/or increased their size, but also hardened the surfaces on which they ride, for increased reliability.
- Ultra-Low Emissions: Yamaha’s V8 F350C 5.3L four stroke is California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions and meets all federal EPA requirements.
Reliability and Durability Benefits
- Built Tough: Completely new, its large, streamlined design incorporates hardened gears and high strength oversized bearings and bearing surfaces to handle the tremendous power of the F350C.
- Anti-Water-Intrusive Design: The F350C features a new cowling drain system, to easily and efficiently drain away water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that trap and drain water before it enters the engine’s intake, for enhanced reliability.
- Cooling Efficiency: The F350C comes standard with dual water inlets, for increased cooling efficiency. Located on the front and sides of the lower unit, each pair of pick-ups operate independently of each other to ensure proper water flow in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
- Maximum Strength: The F350C uses eight forged pistons, which are formed under pressure for maximum strength. The pistons are also anodized for corrosion protection and coated with a layer of solid lubricant for added reliability.
- Ultimate Corrosion Resistance: Yamaha improved its corrosion protection system for the F350C. Our proprietary alloys, ACP-221 5-layer paint process, and freshwater flush device are just the start. We placed multiple additional sacrificial anodes in around the power head, mid-section and lower unit to draw corrosion away from vital engine components. Then, we enhanced head gaskets, included an anodized exhaust system, and used a special paint process to coat the power head both inside and out. Now that’s one advanced corrosion protection package—and it’s only from Yamaha.
- Better Cylinder Cooling: The F350C’s outer cylinder sleeves feature a “dimpled” surface. This helps maintain the roundness of the cylinder for decreased oil consumption, and increase the cooling surface area of each cylinder for added reliability.
- Ample Lubrication: Oil is the life-blood of any engine. Designed not only to lubricate, but carry away heat and combustion by-products, it’s essential to have an ample supply on hand. At just over 8 quarts, the F350C does.
- Strong And Stable: The F350C features four motor mounts made of strong forged aluminum, which means they’re compressed in molds for much greater strength than cast aluminum-type mounts. The oversized mounting bracket features the same bolt pattern and centerline as the F250, but uses two additional mounting bolts for a total of six. It is designed to handle the engine’s power while minimizing noise and vibration.
- Warranty Protection: The Yamaha 5.3L V8 F350C is backed by Yamaha’s strongest five-year standard warranty. Beyond that, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) plans are available, for continued coverage after your five-year standard warranty expires.
Convenience and Control Benefits
- Water Intrusion Resistance: Yamaha has improved its Tri-Seal latch system to ensure a better fit and seal between the cowling and the lower pan. This means increased resistance to water intrusion for even greater levels of reliability.
- Quiet Operation: Every Yamaha F350C features a Dual Labyrinth Exhaust system that routes the engine’s exhaust through not one, but two mazes before it exits above the waterline in dual idle relief outlets, for smooth, quiet operation.
- Adjustable Max Tilt: Due to the myriad of hull designs to which the F350C applies, it features an adjustable maximum tilt angle. With a simple programming change through the Yamaha Diagnostic System, it's possible to adjust the full tilt-up setting on the F350C to meet the requirements of individual applications.
- Precision Trolling: With Variable Trolling RPM Control, Command Link® gauges allow the operator to adjust the engine’s trolling speed from 600 ~ 1000 rpm, in 50-rpm increments with the press of a button on the. This helps provide precise and consistent trolling speeds in wide array of conditions.
- Complete Control: The F350C is compatible with Yamaha’s latest Command Link® Plus information system. It provides access to more real-time information than ever before. At a glance, you’ll have real-time stats on fuel, trip distance, water depth and temperature at the surface. Completely customizable, its high-resolution LCD display allows you to select your display style, and program it to display preferred combinations of information.
- Simple/Compact: The F350C’s advanced engineering features spark plug caps with the ignition coils built right in. The result is increased performance and reliability in a much simpler and more compact design.
- Efficient Combustion: Individual sensors constantly monitor the condition of combustion in each cylinder for incomplete combustion and, should this occur, they immediately signal the ECM (Engine Control Module) to adjust spark timing to correct it.
- Deliberate Design: The electric fuel feed pump on the F350C is located in the lower pan, away from the engine’s heat, and encased in an insulated enclosure to help prevent troublesome issues such as vapor lock.
- Four Stroke V8 Outboard
- Large Displacement (5.3L)
- Narrow 60° Block Design
- Variable Camshaft Timing
- Long Track Induction System
- Electronic Multi-Point Fuel Injection
- 8 Independent Fuel Injectors
- 4 Large Radius Valves Per Cylinder
- Large Intake Valve Lift
- Double Overhead Camshafts
- In-Bank™ Exhaust
- Exhaust Pressure Reduction System
- Meets All Current Federal EPA Emmision Standards
- Saltwater Series XL-SDS™ Compatible
- TCI Microcomputer
- Electronic Single Throttle Valve (81mm)
- Dimpled Cylinder Sleeves
- Wet Sump System
- Engine Warning System
- Water Cooled Rectifier/ Regulator
- Water Separator
- Direct Ignition
- YDC-30 Aluminum Alloy
- Phaze Five™ Paint System
- Top Mounted Electrical
- Enhanced Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™)
- High Output Alternator
- SST Drive, Prop, Shift Shafts
- SST Steering Tube
- Magnetic Drain Plug
- Dual Water Intake Gearcase
- Programmable Tilt Stop
- Freshwater Flush
- Reversible PTT Switch
- Command Link® Digital Electronic Controls: Required
- Single Belt Drive System
- Counter Rotation "LF" Model (Available with or without)
- Yamaha Diagnostic System (Compatible)
- Multi-Charge Monitoring System
- Engine Type: 60 deg. V8 DOHC 32-valve
- Displacement: 5330cc (5.3L)
- Bore x Stroke: 94 x 96mm (3.70 x 3.78 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 350hp at 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel Induction: EFI/DOHC
- Exhaust: In-Bank™ dual exhaust with Power Surge Chambers
- Intake: Single Throttle Valve
- Ignition: TCI, 32-bit ECM with integrated coil-in-cap ignition design
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.5L/6.3L without Filter
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 89)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (26:15) 1.73:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: X = 25 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 67 deg.
- Degree of Trim: -3 deg. through +16 deg.
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Dry Weight: 346 kg (763 lb.)
- Mounting Centers: 28.5 in.
- Steering Angle (maximum): 32 deg. from center, either direction
- Warranty: F350C: 5-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial
Five-Year Limited Warranty provided by Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. on new F350C model only with production dates of March, 2016 forward.